Employment Opportunities in U.S. and Canada
POSITION: Shift Maintenance Technician (Electrical)
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Supervisor
Starting pay: $22.29/hour
Shift: Continuous Shift (5-Set)
GENERAL SCOPE OF POSITION:
The incumbent participates in Troubleshooting, Preventative, and Corrective Maintenance of all process and production equipment used in the day to day activities of producing glass. This maintenance support includes Electro/Mechanical equipment upkeep, systems enhancements/upgrades, day to day troubleshooting, maintaining proper replacement parts inventory, and new installation of equipment for the entire facility.
The incumbent has no direct report responsibility, but has temporary responsibility of contractor workers as assigned to specific projects as required.
Job schedule/working hours are determined by crew assigned:
Shift (Crews 1 – 5): any 5 of the 7 Days/week, rotating Swing Shift.
The incumbent has the authority to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of, process and quality system nonconformity. The incumbent can initiate, recommend or provide solutions through designated channels.
· Associate’s Degree in Electrical Maintenance.
· Working knowledge of computers.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required
· Ability to work well with minimal supervision required
· Ability to troubleshoot and repair process and production equipment breakdowns required
· Demonstrated PLC troubleshooting skills and experience
· Ability to troubleshoot efficiently and exhibit an extreme sense of urgency
· Some mechanical experience desired
· Entrance test must be taken and passed to be considered for this position.
Work includes, but not limited to lifting of parts, work in extreme hot and cold areas, working at elevated work stations, working for extended periods during emergency repair work, working on electronic equipment, and computer related activities.
· The incumbent has the responsibility to perform all maintenance operations in a safe manner as to not expose his/herself or co-workers to any hazards.
· A technical resource and labor source for completing technical maintenance work.
· Promote and demonstrate a positive work attitude and atmosphere.
· Obey, support and enforce all of Pilkington/NSG Safety procedures and policies.
· Supervision/Leadership of contractor/vendors working for individual projects on area related repair projects.
· Job knowledge and innovativeness as it relates to providing electrical and mechanical maintenance services for the areas of responsibility.
· Use good written and oral communications skills to relay information between and on all levels of production and management. Properly enter maintenance information into a Computerized maintenance Management System (currently a SAP module).
· Plant process control and computer hardware upkeep.
· Support environmental policies as they relate to
· Waste generation and storage
· Reduce, recycle, and reuse initiatives
· Proper container storage so as to minimize the risk of releases to the environment
· Ensure waste compliance by properly labeling and containerizing hazardous wastes, effectively managing plant satellite storage areas and taking annual hazardous waste training
· Participate in and promote EI involvement.
· Seek and expand personal growth.
· Fill in for the next level of supervision as required.
· Troubleshoot and repair all process, production, building equipment as required
· Perform preventative maintenance tasks as assigned
· Complete all paperwork, pass down logs, work orders, etc., as required
· Utilize Stores inventory listings to effectively ensure proper replacement parts are ordered.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package, which includes 401k, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, company paid holidays, paid vacations, and education assistance.
Pilkington is an equal opportunity employer; M/F/D/V encouraged to apply. Qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability or national origin. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.